Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Perfectly Retro

Mornin' folks!  I had a bit of an unplanned blogging break this week...on Sunday I knocked over my water bottle and got water on our wireless keyboard, which as you can imagine wasn't particularly good for the keyboard.  The hubs took it and let it dry out for a few days on a radiator (turned very low) and we crossed our fingers.  Well, now it works!  Color me relieved.

I made a few cards over the weekend that I had intended to share this week so here we go with a retro card!


The colors look a bit off in the photo; the card base is green (Kiwi Kiss) and the apples are Raspberry Ripple on the Mango Melody plaid paper.  I was inspired by the Retro Rubber challenge:


I know it's pumpkins but apparently I still have apples on the brain from all those apple recipes I made recently.  So I mixed the elements from the photo:  my plaid is orange(ish) and my fruit is red, but my background is still green.  My stamp sets are both very retro:  I've had both Perfectly Preserved (the apples) and Perfectly Penned (the sentiment) since 2012 and I frequently use them together, maybe because I got them just a couple months apart.

Ryan is not at daycare today so I'd better get off the computer and go entertain him before he takes over the world and covers it in googly eyes.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Raspberry Ripple, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Kiwi Kiss, Thick Basic White, Perfectly Plaid DSP Stack
Accessories:  Cannery Freamelits, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

I love the colour palette here. Perfect for those perfect apples! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

creative lady said...

Cute card, love the layout and the fancy sentiment. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!