Tuesday, November 9, 2021

SUO Challenges: Thanksgiving & Fall

Mornin' stampy friends!  Well, after coming back to life briefly last week, our wireless keyboard gave up the ghost so we had to get a new one, hence no Scrappy Monday post yesterday.  But now we've got the new one all set up and my water bottle is over on the window ledge well away from the new keyboard :)

Anyway, it's time for a new challenge from SUO Challenges!


This time, we want to see your Thanksgiving and fall creations!  Now, I *love* fall cards and they might be my very favorite thing to stamp, but I decided to focus on Thanksgiving this time.  And what to I associate with Thanksgiving more than anything else, even turkey?


PIE.  All the pie!!!  Um, this pie image is totally why I bought the Sweets & Treats stamp set ;)  And I was not planning to buy Well Defined until I saw this about a holiday being a reason to eat more...c'mon, how could I NOT pair that with the pie image?!  Usually I only make pies for Thanksgiving and maybe one for Christmas.  I mean, you can't have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie!  And apple pie, says the hubs.  This year I'm going to try making homemade pie crust for the first time, wish me luck!  And if you need some pie inspiration, check out Sally's Baking Addiction for some great recipes ;)


I don't have a current Thanksgiving sentiment, so I borrowed this one from an old Paper Pumpkin set.  Had to get one more pie on the inside!

Show us all your Thanksgiving/fall creations on the SUO Challenges blog, and have fun!  My parents get here later this week so I may not get much stamping time for the next few weeks.  I'll post here when I can!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweets & Treats, Well Defined, My Paper Pumpkin
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Cinnamon Cider, Early Espresso, Thick Basic White, Cajun Craze DSP
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Dimensionals, In Color Enamel Dots

No comments: