Friday, June 9, 2023

Friday Flashback: Ancient Art & Weathered

Mornin, folks!  By the time you read this, I will (hopefully) be hanging out on a beach in Greece : )  It's our last hurrah before we go back to the States next week, spending a week in Crete relaxing and, in my case, checking out the archaeological site because I'm a history nerd.

So today I thought we'd go with Ancient Art for a Friday Flashback post.  So I got this stamp set last year or the year before when I was randomly trawling eBay for old SU! sets (which my husband wishes I would stop doing...to be fair I do already have a lot of stamps and I haven't looked for any more on eBay in quite some time).  So this post is a Friday Flashback but it's also the first (ahem, only...so far) time I've used Ancient Art.  I paired it with Weathered, a great background stamp from way back when, and made a set of cards.


I'm over here talking about Greece but Ancient Art has a distinctly Native American vibe to it.


Hey, you never know when you'll need a thunderbird stamp.  Or a cool lizard.


Okay the snake is not my favorite but I do like the turtle.  One old, old stamp set I've thought about tracking down is Aquaria, and it has a neat turtle in it.  Not that I don't have other turtles, I'm sure my hubs would point out ; )


Not 100% sure what the animal on the left is meant to be, but I think of it as a bear.  And the handprint is good for a high five card, yes?  So I used every stamp in the set and kept the cards super simple without sentiments so they can be used anytime.  And they're good guy cards too, I think.  I will miss having Sahara Sand in the SU! color lineup, it was a unique neutral.

Anyway, check ya later, stampy friends.  I'm gonna go relax on a beach with my two favorite dudes.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Ancient Art, Weathered
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Dimensionals

No comments: