Monday, June 12, 2023

Tennessee, Part 1: Great Smoky Mountains

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  At the end of this week we'll be leaving Europe and heading back to the States, so today I thought I'd start a series of scrapbook pages from a trip we took to the Gatlinburg area of Tennessee in July of 2020 with the hubs' sister and her fam.  So here's the first layout:


So the long-retired Marina Mist turned out to be the perfect page base for these pics of the Great Smoky Mountains!  A lot of times when I do a series of layouts from a particular trip or event, I'll use the same alphabet stamps and/or the same pack of patterned papers to make the layouts feel like they go together, and this set is no different:  all of them feature the same alphabets as well as the Forever Greenery DSP.  Green is my favorite color, I imagine I could incorporate a shade of green into just about any scrapbook layout if I tried hard enough.


Today's palette:  Marina Mist, Garden Green, Pretty Peacock, and white.  Just as a coincidence, I think I used Pretty Peacock on all the Tennessee layouts and I made them just before SU! announced that Pretty Peacock was returning to the color lineup.  Yay me!

Have a great week, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Pure & Simple Alphabet Upper, Pines
Ink:  Garden Green, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Marina Mist, Garden Green, Pretty Peacock, Thick Basic White, Forever Greenery DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I absolutely love these colors and DP with these photos! Such a peaceful layout!