Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Friendly Foliage

Mornin' y'all!  Man, Ryan was SUPER angry this morning!  I don't know why but every once in a while he wakes up in a monster mood.  He was starting to come out of it by the time I got him to school but yeesh.  Usually he's pretty chipper by the time I get him back in the afternoons so I hope his day goes okay.

Anyway, I've got a card today that's a bit outside my normal stampy comfort zone but I liked how it turned out, here it is:


I don't do the collage look very often, I agonize over where to put every single piece, but I ended up pretty happy with this one.  And I hit no fewer than four challenges, starting with Festive Friday:


I used bright colors (does it count if it's just one bright color?), enamel dots, patterned paper, two of something (two stamp sets, two die sets), and a hello/hi sentiment.  I had this list simmering in the back of my mind when the other three challenges came up, so here's the Global Design Project:


So this challenge is why I decided to try my hand at the collage look, and did a mix of cardstock and stamped images, plus I did a wee bit of distressing on the edges of the DSP.  Next up is the Hand-Stamped Sentiments challenge:


I really liked this one, lots of possibilities and it would be fun to do something Christmasy with those colors.  I haven't played hardly at all with Pebbled Path so this was fun for me.  And finally, here's the Just Add Ink challenge:


Again, I have one bright, but this challenge led me to the foliage stamps from Nature's Prints, and happily for me Inked & Tiled has that "hello friend" sentiment stamp so with one stamp I was able to hit friend for this challenge and hello or hi for Festive Friday.  Strategy!

Okay, that's it for me today.  Tomorrow I'm going to start The Great Thanksgiving Prep because I had the brilliant idea to make cookies for everyone who's coming over, so I'll be doing that for a few days and start on pies next week when Ryan goes to his grandparents' house.  Gonna be busy so I'm going to try enjoy my stamping time today before the craziness starts to gain speed.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Nature's Prints, Inked & Tiled
Ink:  Berry Burst, Mossy Meadow, Pebbled Path
Paper:  Berry Burst, Mossy Meadow, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Nature's Prints dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Tinsel Gems

6 comments:

Heather said...

I really like this, Christy! I think it came out great, and I still love all these pretty stems, lol. A beautiful collage! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Melanie Hungerford said...

That turned out great! Love that color and the layout of the foilage, awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

Stampin Expressions said...

Great job on the collage style card! I am not good at collage cards at all, they always look so busy and mismatched when I try to create them. I am jealous of those who make it look so easy! You added just the right amount of each color! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

You did a beautiful job with your collage. I find them very difficult and appreciate what a lovely job you did! Thanks for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge!

Jaydee said...

Love those gorgeous leaves against that Berry background - they really pop. So glad you shared this beauty with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Wonderful combination of elements Christy. You did all of the challenges proud. Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT