Thursday, November 30, 2023

Just One More Pumpkin Card

Mornin', y'all!  Can you believe that today is the last day of November??? I feel like I just got used to writing 2023 and pretty soon it'll be 2024 already.  Which is good, really, because January first means we'll be halfway through the hubs' deployment.

Anyway, I mightily resist doing Christmas cards before Thanksgiving, and since today is the last day of November I just had to do one more pumpkin card.


Meet this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And FMS's usual dance partner (for me at least), the Color Throwdown:


I decided to go with all retired colors today and used my all-time fave Baja Breeze with Mellow Moss and Peekaboo Peach, which honestly came out a bit darker than I expected so maybe I should have used Petal Pink instead.  Anyway, I had scraps of patterned paper in both Mellow Moss and Baja Breeze, so I punched out a bunch of circles and stuck them down higgledy-piggledy before adding the pumpkins and leaves on top.  And now I suppose it's time to transition from fall cards to winter and Christmas *slightly grumpy* I do have several Christmas stamp sets that I'm looking forward to playing with though.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pick of the Patch
Ink:  Peekaboo Peach, Pebbled Path, Mellow Moss
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Mellow Moss, Thick Basic White, Baja Breeze & Mellow Moss DSP
Accessories:  circle punches (1/2", 3/4", 1", 1 1/4"), Pick of the Patch punch, white sequins, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tanya said...

This card is so happy! The peach works great with the card even if it isn't exactly the challenge.

Susie Moore said...

Your card is precious! Who wouldn't love to receive this beauty? Thanks for joining us again at the Color Throwdown Challenge.

Celeste Goff said...

Love those pumpkins and the fun layout you chose!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is so sweet! I love how you've mixed pumpkins in with the circles! Great colour combo as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great use of the sketch and sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Those pumpkins work so perfectly with that sketch! Way to rock the throwdown colors as well! So glad you were able to join us in the challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your cascade of pumpkins and leaves! Fun!