Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Glittery Wreath

Mornin' y'all!  How's your week going so far?  I picked Ryan up from school yesterday and he proceeded to argue with me for 10 minutes that the word "pizza" is pronounced PISA (soft z sound, like the town) and not PEETSA like everyone actually says it.  He doesn't even EAT pizza so he's a pod person :p  And I've been craving pizza ever since that conversation, so my dad agreed to change our lunch plans today to include pizza instead of Chinese food.  Ha!

Anyway, I broke out a new stamp set and dies yesterday!


I love the Wishes All Around bundle and I know lots of other stampers have made zillions of pretty cards with it but hey, I like to concentrate on fall projects until at least Thanksgiving so I'm just now slowly working into making Christmas things.  Check out the color combination courtesy of Cupcake Inspirations:


I dug out some glimmer paper from a couple of years ago (the package has gold, white, and Evening Evergreen and I'd never used any of it!) and used that for the wreath, then embossed the sentiment in white on my navy card base.  I added a couple of white glitter sequins just in case the wreath wasn't glittery enough on its own.  I used the Hand Stamped Sentiments sketch:

And one more for good measure, the Less Is More CAS challenge:



Okay kids, that's it for me today.  I've got a class at the Y and then pizza for lunch with my dad :)  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Wishes All Around
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Night of Navy, Gold Glimmer
Accessories:  Wishes All Around dies, white EP, Adhesive-Backed Glitter Sequins

8 comments:

Heather said...

This is so dramatic and gorgeous, Christy - love it! Great job on using glimmer paper for that wreath - I know that can be a job, but so worth it! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Kathyk said...

Fab make, so very elegant and sparkly

Kathyk

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the gold on Navy!! Thanks for sharing at LIM!

Leanne said...

Oh, this is so pretty, like a CAS with a splash of wow factor, and the gold sure pops! Thank you for playing our Color Combo at Cupcake Inspirations, very nicely done. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE that sentiment!! Simply gorgeous card design. I need to make more like this next year. I still am not done with my cards. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

perfectly4med said...

Great combination of challenges - simple really works on this CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Less is More and merry Christmas!
Neil

Stampin Expressions said...

Amazing clean and simple card! Great for mass producing. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Lovely in its simplicity. Striking card, Christy. Thanks for joining us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT