Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Painted Sunflower

Mornin' y'all!  Did you have a good Halloween?  Ryan had fun trick-or-treating with his cousins, though he thought it didn't last long enough.  Meanwhile, his 3-year-old cousin Luke was ready to be done like halfway through, and Ryan was still sprinting from house to house and trying to race anyone who would run with him.  We had lovely cool, clear weather and my llama mama onesie was super comfy and toasty, I had two other adults say they were jealous :)

Anywha!  Happy November, my lovelies.  And I have a fall card for you today.


Here is the CAS Colours & Sketches double challenge:


Those colors (with a small addition of Pecan Pie) made me think of sunflowers and so I dusted off Painted Harvest, which is a retired stamp set that I still love.  I must confess that I subbed in Bumblebee for the Hello Honey ink--I tried the Hello Honey but it stamped out really dark and barfy-looking, so I tossed that scrap and used Bumblebee instead with the Really Rust on top of it.  And heyyyy I finally used the Stitched Triangles dies that I got when they went on clearance!  Since this is a CAS challenge, I usually would have foregone the enamel dots, but sadly I got an ink smudge on my card front after everything was stuck down, and I didn't have time to redo it, so one of those dots is covering up the smudge.

At last I have started to get in the scrappy groove, so I've got a layout sitting on my craft table waiting for me to start sticking things down.  I do love to scrapbook, so I just need to work up the courage to start working on my wedding album!  Ya know, now that we had our twentieth anniversary last month.  Anyway, I will be doing some crafting today and then it's time for my monthly ice cream date with Ryan.  We go for ice cream on the first of the month to celebrate being one month closer to reuniting with my hubs after his deployment.  Four months down, eight to go!  But we should get to see him for two days for Thanksgiving, which I'm very excited about.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Harvest
Ink:  Bumblebee, Really Rust, Gumball Green
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Gumball Green DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Triangles dies, Wonderful Gems, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy these sunflowers are still in my collection too - they are just perfect for these colours and I actually love the addition of the enamel dots too. Thanks for playing our double challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

I adore those sunflowers! This one will never leaves my stash.
Beautiful card and a perfect use for this stamp set. Thanks for joining us in this challenge at CC&S

Patricia Hays said...

That sunflower is gorgeous! You've done an excellent job with our double challenge. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S!