Tuesday, September 10, 2024

SUO Challenges: The Highlander Challenge

 Mornin' y'all!  It's time again for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This particular challenge came from my diabolical brain...


I call it the Highlander challenge because there can be only ONE...stamp.  (Okay my knowledge of Highlander is limited to "There can be only one" and a mental image of Sean Connery with a sword.)  At least one other stamper on the design team was like WHAT how is that possible, but I think the easiest way to do this challenge is to pick a great DSP and add a sentiment.  BAM.


The Thoughtful Journey DSP was too gorgeous to not use the whole sheet though so I made two cards.


The stamp on this one is from Feathered Flight in the Online Exclusives.  Super, super simple with the gorgeous DSP, a die cut sentiment, and one Boho Blue gem.


For this one, I used a sentiment from Thoughtful Expressions and two In Color Shimmer Gems in Petunia Pop.  I thought this would be a nice sympathy card, and I like to make those when I don't need them so I have a couple on hand.

So there's two ideas from me and I could have done a lot more with different DSPs and let's be honest I probably will.  Hope you have as much fun with this as I did and don't forget to upload your cards to the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Feathered Flight, Thoughtful Expressions
Ink:  Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Boho Blue, Mossy Meadow, Petunia Pop, Thick Basic White, Thoughtful Journey DSP Stack
Accessories:  Countryside Corners dies, Thoughtful Expressions dies, Dimensionals, retired Solid Gems, In Color Shimmer Gems

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just loved this challenge Christy - DSP and a sentiment for the win!! Your cards are lovely and I agree the best time to make a sympathy card is when you don't actually need it, so that you have it ready to go. Perfect way to showcase these papers too!