Thursday, September 19, 2024

Mardi Gras Bird

Mornin' y'all!  I am happy to report that the hubs' brain surgery went well yesterday.  He had what's called a cavernoma or cavernous malformation, which is an abnormal clump of blood vessels.  His started bleeding and causing debilitating headaches a couple of weeks ago, which prompted an ER visit which is when he got diagnosed.  They're sending the tissue they took out yesterday to the pathology lab to make sure its non-cancerous, but the surgeon said everything is looking good.  I'll be going back up to the hospital today as soon as Ryan gets off to school; the hubs is in the ICU for now where kids aren't allowed to visit, but he should be transferring to a regular room later today.

Anyway, earlier this week I made a couple of cards and I have one to share today!


The bird's glasses are popped up on Dimensionals which I just thought was funny with that sentiment from Saying Hey.  I used the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:


And the fun color palette from Creative Colour Challenges:


Those colors together make me think Mardi Gras!  I haven't played much with the newest In Colors so it was fun to trot out Shy Shamrock.  I almost did a layer of DSP on the whole card front but I remembered just in time that the sketch is a CAS challenge, so I did a plain card front and a scrap of DSP for the horizontal strip on the sketch.  The sentiment is stamped a couple of times in Gorgeous Grape ink, it might look black in the picture but I promise it's purple.  I added a couple of Glossy Dots to the bottom because they come in two of the challenge colors and I just thought it needed a little something along the bottom to balance the card.

That's it for me today, folks.  Have a great day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bird's Eye View, Saying Hey
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape, Stampin' Blends in Shy Shamrock, Daffodil Delight, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Shy Shamrock, Thick Basic White, Daffodil Delight DSP
Accessories:  Deckled Circles dies, Deckled Rectangles dies, Dimensionals, Glossy Dots

No comments: