Thursday, September 3, 2026

Release the Bats!

Mornin' y'all, I've got another busy day ahead and I just started the electric kettle for my first cuppa.  After my tea, I shall march forth and conquer the day.  I hope...glad that I took yesterday to rest a bit and recuperate, I did all the things I said I was going to (reading and crafting and even some stitching) so now I'm ready to get after it again today.

Anyway, I saw this on Facebook the other day and I cannot agree enough:


So that was flying around in my head when I saw the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:


So then those two things were flying around in my head and they combined to form this:


Oh, you can kinda see the sparkle on the stamped bat, how about that!  I do hope the CC&S team will forgive me for adding some layers...I was just going to do the orange and black, but then I needed that thin white layer to go with the stamped bat.  At first I was going to do three stamped bats but then I noticed the batty die in the bundle so I decided to mix it up a bit.  And that bat's face is still adorable.

Got my cuppa tea and when I finish that it'll be time to head out to start running errands.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Oh My Fright
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape, Basic White
Accessories:  Oh My Fright dies, Textured Notes dies, Mini Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Rachel D said...

Your sparkly purple bat made me giggle, Christy! Love how you interpreted our sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S

Amanda Mertz said...

Lol! I think we need a "release the bats" stamp; could be used all year long really!! Love the inspiration as well as the card! bats are a perfect interpretation for this sketch! Thanks for sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy this card totally made me chuckle and if it hadn't had your name below it I would have guessed it was yours lol! Perfect for the CAS C&S sketch too!

Suzanne said...

I totally agree, it is time for the bats and fall and all that comes with it! Your card is delightful and perfectly CAS. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CAS Colours and Sketches.