Friday, September 18, 2026

Happy Fall-Ways

Mornin' y'all and happy Friday!  I am so very happy that this week it's (finally) starting to actually FEEL like fall, at least in the mornings.  The leaves are juuuuust starting to turn here and I plan to enjoy the heck out of this fall.  My appendix can't ruin it for me this year : p  If you don't remember, my appendix went nuclear at the end of September last year and I mostly slept through October while I recovered from surgery, I was very sad to miss my favorite season.

Anywhooodle, how about a happy fall card?


YESSSS I finally got to play with Elegant Leaves!  Actually I have made another card with this bundle, but it's for a future design team card so you won't see that one for a bit.  I chose the Autumn Opulence DSP and this week's Atlantic Hearts sketch for my card:


I had actually pulled a floral stamp set to use with this sketch and planned to use the Color Hues pair of purple and artichoke, but then I saw Stef's card for that color challenge and decided that she is 100% correct, we can do something more interesting than florals with those colors.  So you'll see my purple and artichoke creation on Monday (I'm quite pleased with it), and today I went with fall leaves in Golden Glow (loving this yellow), stamped-off Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie, and some accents in Blackberry Bliss.  I need to play with the Elegant Leaves bundle some more, it's got two-step stamping and fun dies to go with it.

Once again I have an appointment this morning and then some errands to run, but one of those is buying floss for my next stitching project so at least that's fun.  I was watching Scooby-Doo last night while I stitched and every time they said "Daphne" on the show, I said it to Daphne our doggo and finally she gave me this look that said "You've made your point and it's not funny anymore, Mahm."  I love my sassy pupper.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Elegant Leaves
Ink:  Golden Glow, Cajun Craze, Pecan Pie, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Golden Glow, Pecan Pie, Blackberry Bliss, Very Vanilla, Autumn Opulence DSP
Accessories:  Elegant Leaves dies, Nested Essentials dies, Dimensionals, Painted Patch Dots

4 comments:

Jennifer Kelly said...

Ooh falling leaves is a sure sign of fall. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge

Dena J said...

Beautifully stamped leaves and perfect papers for the background. Love the autumn colors! Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts.

LeAnne said...

Love the neutral palette you've got going on here, Christy! Happy to know you're working on some cross stitching too! And Daphne was always one of my favorite names! I bet YOUR Daphne was going crazy! Thanks for using our AH sketch this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh I do love Golden Glow too - and it is perfect for fall. The leaves are pretty but actually it was the sentiment that caught my eye on this one - it clearly hadn't registered with me. We have had a slight uptake in temps here this week, so maybe fall is not quite on it's way for another week after all :-)