Thursday, September 24, 2026

Must Be Magical

Mornin' y'all!  I'm getting an early start today because I have an appointment as soon as Ryan gets off to school, so let's get started!

There's a color challenge this week that I just couldn't wrap my head around and I had decided to skip it, but then I was in my craft room and I remembered what I wrote yesterday about the Painted Pumpkins bundle being my new go-to for when I'm not sure what to do with a color challenge.  So then I made this:


Sorry the photo isn't the best, I took pictures before the sun was up this morning and artificial light doesn't do great for card photos.  Here's the consternation-inducing (for me) color challenge from Creative Colour Challenges:


Now, I admit that I have some preconceived notions about what colors go together and what don't, and for this trio it's the Cherry Cobbler and Bubble Bath together that's throwing me.  So anyway I thought I'd give it a go, using blending brushes and the Painted Pumpkins stencils and keeping the Cherry Cobbler pretty light.  Imagine my surprise when I lifted up the stencil and somehow the Cherry Cobbler looked PINK on the pumpkins!  I stamped the outlines on top in Pretty Peacock (side note:  would you do the stenciling first, or the stamping first?  Because I seem to do the stenciling first) and then used the background stencil to do some leaves and vines on Pretty Peacock cardstock.  Um, I was not expecting this to work but I think it does!  These pumpkins must be magical is all I can say.

That's it for now, peeps.  Ryan has a fun run thing at school today (I never think running is fun) and I hope it doesn't get rained out.  Meanwhile I will be filling out paperwork at the orthodontist's office and then maybe I'll go wander around Target for a bit and see what they have in the way of fall and Halloween decorations.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Pumpkins
Ink:  Bubble Bath, Cherry Cobbler, Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Bubble Bath, Pretty Peacock, Basic White
Accessories:  Painted Pumpkins dies & stencils, Textured Notes dies, Dimensionals, Array of Dots

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Consternation is a good word for the feeling I got when I saw those colors too---but look how striking this is! Good for you, pushing through and keeping on being creative! Love the background too!