Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Geared Up for Father's Day

Mornin' y'all!  It's time once more for a new challenge at SUO Challenges!


This time around we're making masculine cards, so ya know, a REAL challenge ;) But I have Geared Up Garage and the coordinating DSP stack, so for once making a man card was easy!


This is a card I planned out in my head while I was doing something else and then when I got in my craft room it only took about 15 minutes to make, and really what made it take that long was going through all the patterned papers and choosing which ones I wanted to use.  The three background strips are each 1.25" wide by 5" tall, and if you line them up so they touch, you get a 1/4" border around them on your card front.  The Tranquil Tide strip was a scrap so I don't know offhand how wide it was, it just looked right on the card.  At first I stamped the "Happy Father's Day" stamp in plain Tranquil Tide on Whisper White, but it seemed *too* plain so I did it again in Memento Tuxedo Black and added a bit of Tranquil Tide (letters) and Smoky Slate (background).  Last of all, I added three silver sequins.  You will never convince me that men don't like shiny things as much as women...after all, CARS are shiny.  If you get them washed regularly, at least.  I need to get my car washed this week...

Anyway, check out the SUO Challenges blog and make a masculine card for us to ooh and ahh over.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Geared Up Garage
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tranquil Tide, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White, Classic Garage DSP Stack
Accessories:  Garage Gears Thinlits, Dimensionals, metallic sequins

No comments: