Friday, May 24, 2019

Tropical Chic Thanks

Hey y'all.  Well, I thought we were finally free and clear of whatever virus hit Ryan last week...nope.  Poor kiddo threw up again yesterday afternoon, and unfortunately he was in his car seat when it happened.  Do you KNOW how many nooks and crannies are in a car seat?

Ugh.

But after his nap he seemed like he'd bounced back to his normal cheerful little self, so here's hoping he's okay today.  In the meantime, I snuck into my craft room last night after he went to bed and made a quick card:


I just got some workout pants at Target that have tropical leaves on them (though they're more like Pacific Point and Call Me Clover than what I used on this card).  Can't wait to wear those for the first time :)  For this card, I used the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch:


I figure my leaves and flowers qualify this card for the Paper Players challenge:


And I looooove the colors in this week's Color Throwdown:


I almost used Poppy Parade for the red color, but instead I pulled out my retired Watermelon Wonder ink pad because I love it and I haven't used it in a long time.  I used Coastal Cabana and Night of Navy for the other two colors.

Hope you have a great weekend y'all.  Stay cool.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Tropical Chic
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Glitter Enamel Dots

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great CAS card Christy - I love the two-tone tropical leaves! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, what a great way to combine all the challenges! Such beautiful colors and CAS perfection! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Wanda Cullen said...

You rocked all the challenges in this lovely tropical CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD and at Paper Players!