Thursday, May 23, 2019

Japanese Maple Thanks

Mornin', y'all!  I am happy to report that my paper trimmer did not bite me yesterday, though I admit I was a bit trepidatious when I used it (and hello stupid computer, trepidatious is actually a word!).

I made a very fast card yesterday and only used the paper trimmer to cut my card base, though.


The Basic Gray strip was already cut to 1/2" wide ;)  This very simple and kinda masculine card is the result of the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


Skipping the first color, I used Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler (applied with a sponge to lessen the intensity), Basic Black, and Basic Gray.

And here's the Freshly Made Sketch:


The leaf stamp I used has always made me think of Japanese maples, so that's what I'm calling it--I have no idea exactly what Japanese maple leaves actually look like.

That's it for me today, folks.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Rooted in Nature
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Nature's Roots Framelits, Mini Dimensionals

5 comments:

Heidi Baks said...

Love this clean & simple card - very well done! Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Heather said...

Wowza, Christy, this is so stunning! Brava! It's always a wonder to me how the simplest cards make the biggest impact - gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Melissa Grant said...

Terrific clean card! Looks great in our colors! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS! :)

Karren said...

Trepidatious is a great word! And what a great card you've created - so perfectly CAS! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Claire Broadwater said...

Love this CAS card so much! A beautiful card that makes our colors shine! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX