Monday, June 24, 2019

United States Capitol, Part 1

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Yesterday I managed to get pictures of no fewer than TWENTY-EIGHT scrapbook layouts, woohoo!  And I have three more layouts that are done except for journaling by the hubs (yeah I make him do journaling on some of the layouts, if it's stuff he did without me or if it's pictures from something with his side of the family).  Oh, and I finished another layout yesterday afternoon, so there's another one that needs photographed soon.

So!  Today I'm sharing one of the layouts I photographed yesterday.  Now I need to get all those pages put in the right albums!


I really slacked off on posting on my other blog after Ryan arrived, so I never did blog posts over there for when we went to the US Capitol on July 4, 2017.  But here's the first layout anyway!  We really enjoyed the tour; the inside of the dome is beautiful and as a student of Greco-Roman mythology, it's interesting to see how that's incorporated in the artwork there.

When I made this layout, it so happened that I did several layouts in a row with a patriotic theme or red-white-blue color scheme.  While I do probably 99% Stampin' Up! only for my paper crafting, they just never have enough stars and stripes paper and stamps!  So I found this star pattern from a different company in my stash, and it worked beautifully here.  But I only had one piece of it, so I had to use a different one on the other two layouts (which I'll be sharing next Monday).  If SU! did a pack of DSP with just stars and stripes, I'd buy a ton of it.


So here is today's patriotic color palette, 3/4 of which is now retired:  Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Creamy Caramel, and Whisper White.  That's not to say we don't have some wonderful reds and blues in our current color lineup, but I like to use current and retired colors on my scrapbook pages based on what looks best with my pictures.

Hope your week is off to a great start, kids.  Ryan and I are going to watch some of Monsters Inc. before we head off to the gym.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies:
Stamps:   Back to Basics Alphabet, Letters for You, Land That I love
Ink:  Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Creamy Caramel
Paper:  Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Thick Whisper White, K & Company patterned paper
Accessories:  Large Letters Framelits

No comments: