Saturday, June 29, 2019

Classic Car for Dad

Happy Saturday, y'all!  I don't usually post on Saturdays, but I missed yesterday and I just could NOT let the Color Throwdown color challenge pass me by.  My dad's birthday is coming up later in July, so I made him a card:


And here's the Color Throwdown that I couldn't pass up:


I used Blueberry Bushel, Pumpkin Pie, and both Smoky Slate and Basic Gray for my colors.  My dad's favorite color is blue, and most of his wardrobe is orange because he's an Oklahoma State grad (and rabid fan), so these colors together were perfect.  He also loves cars, so yeah, this was easy to put together!

Here's the inside of my card:


I'd love it if SU! came out with MORE car sets like this since my dad, brother, and 2-year-old son are all obsessed with cars.  The Cars movies are on pretty constant rotation in our house thanks to kiddo, who can name almost every single character if they say his name during the movies.

So there's my little Saturday card.  As soon as my tea finishes steeping, I'm going to go in my craft room and work on some scrapbook pages!  Woo!  I was thinking about my next layout when I went running this morning.  I like to plan paper crafts while I run because I'm a weirdo and I don't want to think about running :p

Have a great weekend, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Geared Up Garage, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blueberry Bushel, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Blueberry Bushel, Thick Whisper White, Classic Garage DSP Stack
Accessories:  Garage Gears dies, Dimensionals, Tailored Tag punch

2 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

I loved this car set as soon as SU released it and I've used it over and over! LOVE these throwdown colors with it and know your dad will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Vickie Z said...

Great guy card- love that car!m so happy you joined us at CTD!