Monday, June 3, 2019

Myrtle Beach

Scrappy Monday!  Dude, I need to take pictures of my more recent layouts.  I have 40+ draft posts of scrapbook pages, but most of those are either wintry or for Ryan's baby book, and I'm kinda waiting until I finish Ryan's baby book to start posting the pages from it.  But I did scrounge up a beach layout!


And I think these pictures were actually taken in October ;)  I let the postcard (top of the right page) work for my page title, and busted out some loooooong-retired stamps--I think I got Stippled Shells in my first year of stamping.  This was a pretty quick layout to put together but I think it turned out okay.  Pretty sure I made this not too long after the color refresh that introduced Balmy Blue!  I love that color, we need lots more DSP with it and if SU! released a pack of 12x12 Balmy Blue I would buy lotsssss.  I hate having to buy the family packs that only have two sheets of each color.  I'm currently out of Balmy Blue because I already used it for two layouts, so I'd have to buy another family pack to get more, and I have tons of lots of the other Subtles already.  Whaddya do.


Today's color palette includes Blushing Bride, which I don't use very often but it seemed to work here (I was inspired by the pinks and reds in the postcard), the aforementioned Balmy Blue, retired Pistachio Pudding, and Whisper White.

Hope your week is off to a great start, friends.  Try not to melt in the heat!  (Really, it's the humidity that makes me want to lay on the floor and have a tantrum!)

P.S.  HAPPY NEW SU! CATALOG DAY!  I probably won't do another SU! order for a couple of weeks, but I still have To A Wild Rose to play with.  And I'm working on FIVE layouts with the luscious Garden Lane DSP.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stippled Shells
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP
Accessories:  postcard

No comments: