Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Birthday Fireworks

Mornin', y'all!  As I promised yesterday, I'm back with another birthday card:


My mom's birthday is July 2, and she loves everything red, white & blue or stars & stripes, so this card is for her.  I used a couple of long-retired stamp sets to make this, but I'll get to that in a minute.  First up, I used the sketch from the Paper Players:


Fun and easy peasy!  I'm also entering this at Retro Rubber:


I've had July Fourth (the fireworks stamp set) since 2010, and Bring on the Cake (the sentiment) since 2011, so both are quite retro :)  I used newer colors though, Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue, and Poppy Parade for my patriotic colors.  And some gold sequins just because.

Hope you have a great day, y'all!  I have a toddler to run after.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  July Fourth, Bring on the Cake
Ink:  Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Blueberry Bushel, Balmy Blue, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  metallic sequins, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Windy Ellard said...

This is a great celebration card! Love the extra sponging with give it a bit of texture and the bling is perfect! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Christy our patriotic fireworks are a great way to celebrate your Mum's birthday - the sequins add a fun touch of bling too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

A stamp that is both stars and fireworks?! Who knew such wonderfulness existed! This is a great card and I love that it encapsulates the Retro Rubber philosophy so well - giving love to old stamps and reinvigorating them by using new things with them. Hope your mum loves her card, Christy. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber.

LeAnne said...

Your mom will really love this card! It's a great way to use that July Fourth stamp! The gold sequins are a perfect way to bling it up, too! Thanks for playing with the Players AND Retro Rubber this week! Woohoo!

Claire Grantham said...

How lucky that your Mom's birthday is around the time that stars and the stripes are super popular AND that she loves them :) I absolutely love this card, it is so clean and the stamped panel pops off of the card blank. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Glad to see you in our gallery again! What a great card for your mother with her July birthday. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!