Monday, December 9, 2019

2015 Season's Greetings Colorblock

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  These layouts have been languishing in my draft posts folder for a very long time, so I'm finally posting them today!  Every year, I do a collage layout (or multiple layouts) with the photo Christmas cards we receive.  I say "every year", but I haven't done the last two years yet (oops).  So I'm reminding myself to get with it and catch up!


I just pick a pack of DSP and cut down pieces to fit around the Christmas card photos until it looks like a patchwork quilt.  They really don't take too long to do and it's a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper.


Most of the time there's minimal stamping on these layouts, but I do some kind of title.


So for this particular year I had quite a few cards to fit in!  It took two full layouts and one extra single page.


And that's it!  Easy peasy.  So as soon as I finish the baby book, I'm going to knock out a few of these.


Today's color palette is straight out of the Season of Cheer DSP (which I totally love):  Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Sky, and Whisper White.  It's not possible to coordinate with every single photo card, so I just pick whatever patterned paper I like that year and go with it.

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Larger Than Life Alphabet & Numbers, Many Merry Messages
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Night of Navy marker
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White, Season of Cheer DSP
Accessories:  Curly Label Punch

No comments: