Tuesday, December 10, 2019

SUO Challenges: Catty CASE

Good morning, y'all!  It's time for another SUO Challenge!


This time, we're CASEing a picture from page 6 of the Holiday catalog:


I chose to CASE the package with the tag, which is interesting because I don't think I have any current ribbon, so to get that wrapped gift feel I used some cardstock strips:


Heyyy a moose!  I think the moose punch is unavailable now, but I bought this bundle on a whim before the punch went on backorder and this is the first time I've used it.  This reminds me of our recent trip to Maine, probably because I bought a sweatshirt with a moose on it while we were there ;) The snowflake in the upper left corner is cut from gold foil paper, and I used gold glitter enamel dots as accents.  It's hard to tell from the photo (I need a new bulb for my Ott Lite, it's usually too dark to get good photos by the time I finish making things), but the sentiment is embossed with gold EP, so there's three different types of gold on here.

I wish that Wrapped in Plaid DSP stack was available in 12x12 instead of 6x6, I love it.  I don't buy a lot of the paper stacks because I prefer the larger size for scrapbooking, but I've used this one several times.  Doesn't hurt that I puffy heart love Shaded Spruce, one of the colors featured on that DSP.

So!  Now it's your turn.  Take a look at the inspiration photo and make your own card or other paper crafty object for us to see.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry Moose
Ink:  Versmaark, Early Espresso, Shaded Spruce, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede, Shaded Spruce, Thick Whisper White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP, gold foil
Accessories:  Moose Punch, Stitched Nested Labels dies, Seasonal Layers dies, Gold Glitter Enamel Dots, Clear EP, Gold EP, Mini Dimensionals

No comments: