Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Cozy Snowmen

Mornin', y'all!  I am still working hard on my nephew's baby book, so that's taking time away from making cards.  I have six layouts (out of 17) completely finished, and four more in various stages of completion; all the others have been planned out in my sketchbook.  Really this book is coming together really, really fast, but I'm kinda hoping to send it back to Texas with my parents when they come out here for Christmas, so I've gotta keep bustin' a move here.

Buuuut I had to take time out yesterday to make a card.


It doesn't quite show up in the photo, but the sentiment is embossed with the Shimmery White embossing powder, so it's got a bit of glitter to go with the trees in the right square.  This is for three challenges.  First up is the sketch from Global Design Project:


And the theme challenge from the Paper Players:


I don't have the Snowman Season stamp set that coordinates with this paper (Who *does* that?!  I just ordered it yesterday, along with some fun stuff from the upcoming mini and Sale-a-Bration catalogs) so I just used my trusty Stitched Shapes dies to cut out a couple of squares from the Let It Snow Specialty DSP.  Speaking of which, the Sunday Stamps color challenge was made for that paper!


The colors are Flirty Flamingo, Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Blueberry Bushel, and Shaded Spruce; if you look closely at the snowman print all of those colors are in there somewhere.  Since I don't have the snowman stamp set, I used a sentiment from Merry Moose instead.  Uh, I need to use the moose soon too!

Okay, back to work.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry Moose
Ink:  Craft Whisper White
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Shaded Spruce, Real Red, Let It Snow Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes & Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Shimmery White EP, Mini Dimensionals

5 comments:

Heather said...

Love it, Christy, and great take on that sketch! These papers are so perfect for our colors! Fun! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Windy Ellard said...

Awesome job with the the sketch and the snowman challenges..love all this DSP! Thanks for playing along this week over at The Paper Players!

stampwithamyk said...

Sweet card! Love that paper and the fun layout. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

LeAnne said...

I saw this sketch earlier and thought it was quite intriguing...and you nailed it with these fun papers! What a wonderful card! So easy too....the paper does most of the work! Love your sentiment as well! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Melissa Grant said...

Live your combination of challenges, it has madae a great card! I love how you used our colors on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS.