Friday, December 1, 2023

Bear With Me

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  And it is a happy Friday, I got up and did a nice relaxation yoga routine this morning and here in a bit I'll be going to the Y to do a yoga class there too.  Time to get my stretch on : )  And this afternoon, Ryan and I will have our monthly ice cream date because as of today, we've conquered five months of the hubs' deployment.  Almost halfway there...

Anyway, apparently this is my week for rustic bear cards because I made another one.  Here it is:


It's a bit of a liberal take on this Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch:


The trees (which are both one big stamp) are standing in for the two vertical strips, and the bear is the third panel.  I did have to add some ground for him to walk on because he looked weird just hovering there.  And I'm playing along in the new Retro Rubber challenge:


I went down the right side with trees, embossing (the bear is heat embossed with black EP, so he stands out a bit from the rest of the card), and your choice, and I chose BEAR.  'Cause I love bears.  The stamp set Pines (trees and bear) is at least two years old; I bought it used off of eBay when I was making my Maine scrapbook pages.  Wildlife Wonder (the ground) is coming up on two years old as well, but the sentiment stamp from Feathered Friends is brand new.  Had to get it when it showed up in the online exclusives because it's got a bunch of ducks and those are Ryan's favorite.

Okay I've gotta get moving if I want to make my yoga class on time.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pines, Wildlife Wonder, Feathered Flight
Ink:  Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Paper:  Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Black EP, Dimensionals, linen thread

5 comments:

Claire Grantham said...

What a lovely card. The single layer, with just the bear popped up is wonderful and I love that piece of twine. Thanks for joining us this time at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Heather said...

This is just gorgeous, Christy - LOVE this bear! I love how bold and perfect those trees are too - such a great design! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Laurie Unger said...

What an awesome card - I like how you used the trees for the elements on the sketch. Thanks for playing over at tsot.

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I love your take on our TSOT sketch! Using the trees and bear for the sketch elements was super clever!! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us!!! -Donna

Melissa Grant said...

Great use of the sketch Christy. LOVE the images and how you used the trees. Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!