Thursday, May 17, 2018

Adventurous Octopus

Howdy, y'all!  Question:  how many octopus stamps does one stamper need?  Apparently at least two...Message in a Bottle is retiring so here's a new octopus!


New stamps, new patterned paper, new colors...yay!  I never thought Mint Macaron would actually look like a *dark* green, but Soft Sea Foam is SO pale that it makes everything else look dark ;). Also say hello to Balmy Blue, which to me looks like it's just a shade darker than the old Bashful Blue that I miss so much, so that's good.  The Balmy Blue pattern and the dots are the two sides of a single sheet of paper, I love that paper pack.  Well, the cool colors are where my heart is at anyway, but they've got neat patterns in Tranquil Textures.

Take a look at the current Fusion challenge:


I have a very, very old stamp set of lighthouses called Coast to Coast, and I was going to bust it out for this but then that octopus just refused to leave my stamp table until he got inked up.  So I used the Fusion sketch only.

Okay, I hear the kiddo talking...better go feed him breakfast.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sea of Textures
Ink:  Fresh Fig, Night of Navy
Paper:  Mint Macaron, Soft Sea Foam, Thick Whisper White, Tranquil Textures DSP
Accessories:  Under the Sea Framelits, Dimensionals, corner rounder punch

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

I really like that octopus stamp!!! Very detailed. Those animals have always fascinated me. Cool! Very nice colors, too.

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun card! Great details and perfect colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

CCsMom said...

When I looked at this card again, I noticed the net behind the octopus. That is a neat detail. I LIKE IT!