Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Tea Time

We're just going with the tea theme this week.  I didn't make a card yesterday (but I did finish a scrapbook layout that I LOVE) so how about another tea-related layout?


These are pics of some of the teapots and teacups I bought while I lived in England.  (I have pictures of even more stuff I bought right before we moved back to the States!). There's one thing I'm particularly proud of on this layout--if you click to embiggen, look at the darker pink stripes between the patterns.  Those are from a third piece of patterned paper; I cut out the stripes and carefully glued them down to make borders between the two larger busy patterns.  Quite pleased with how that turned out.


I used the Notable Alphabet for my title and then stamped a few teacup embellishments just in case the theme wasn't obvious enough.


Today's color palette includes Flirty Flamingo (always surprised when I can use this color successfully, I don't dislike it but I have trouble using it in ways that I like), Peekaboo Peach, Cucumber Crush (one of my favorite greens ever), Watermelon Wonder, Early Espresso (it's not black, I promise) and Whisper White.

Now I've got a cuppa English Breakfast steeping, so I'm going to get something to eat and enjoy my cup of tea.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Notable Alphabet, Morning Cup
Ink:  Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, Early Espresso
Paper:  Flirty Flamingo, Cucumber Crush, Fruit Stand DSP
Accessories:  Layers Collection Framelits

No comments: