Thursday, May 3, 2018

Retiring: Pop of Paradise

Howdy, y'all.  How's it going today?  I'm getting really tired this week because one of the dogs keeps waking me up around 5:00 in the morning every day.  Not really funny anymore.

So I made a super fancy flamingo to cheer myself up.


Pop of Paradise is another stamp set on the retiring list, so I had to give the flamingo another chance to shine.  And he does shine today--I covered him in Wink of Stella after I stamped :)

Here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I went back and forth about what colors to use for my layers.  I started out with an Old Olive layer for the leaves, but that seemed too dark, so I stamped them on white and then sponged on Old Olive.  Then I tried it on a Crumb Cake card base but that also seemed too dark, but it just didn't pop enough on Whisper White until I added that tiny little border of Calypso Coral.  Then I added some itty bitty sequins to the sentiment and voila!  It works.

Take a look at this week's Color Throwdown:


These looked like great flamingo colors to me--Calypso Coral, Old Olive, and Crumb Cake.

Kiddo just fell asleep so I'm off to my craft room!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Pop of Paradise, Orange Blossom
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Stitched Shapes Framelits, 1 3/8" circle punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella pen, Iridescent Sequins

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love your tropical scene! Fun card! Glad you joined us u shared it at FMS!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a great take on the throwdown colors! Love your tropical scene!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors! Love that flamingo!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I love your sparkly flamingo! So fun and definitely very summery! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!