Monday, May 28, 2018

Pearl Harbor

Scrappy Monday, y'all.  We thought our Memorial Day weekend was going to be nothing but thunderstorms for days, but actually it's been pretty nice weather-wise.  Lots of clouds, yes, but we haven't been getting pouring down rain so we've been taking the kiddo outside to play in his wading pool while we sit on the deck.  Quite nice.

Anyway, since it is Memorial Day, I thought it would be appropriate to share my layout from our trip to Pearl Harbor.


Always Artichoke seemed like a good military green color, and I'm always surprised in a pleasant way when Summer Starfruit works on anything ;) The focal point picture shows the sheen on the water from oil that is still leaking from the sunken USS Arizona.


I have been loving Letters for You lately (I made this layout last year not long after I got the letter stamps, but I've been using them on several scrapbook layouts that I've made recently and which will appear on the blog at some point in the future).  I like the weathered effect on the letters, and then I used the long-retired Empire Alphabet for the second word.


Today's color palette includes Always Artichoke, Summer Starfruit, Night of Navy, and just a teeny bit of Whisper White.  With the SU! color revamp, Night of Navy has moved to the Neutrals family along with deep, saturated red and green shades, and I like that move because I tend to use the darkest shades of every color as neutrals.

Sounds like Ryan is awake, so I'm going to go get him dressed and start feeding my little Hobbit.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letters for You, Empire Alphabet
Ink:  Always Artichoke, Night of Navy
Paper:  Always Artichoke, Night of Navy, High Tide DSP, Night of Navy DSP
Accessories:  Medium star punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I heard this exhibit is closed -- that they fixed a crack in it, but the crack immediately came back, so it's closed indefinitely. I would like to see it IRL.

Very nice layout!