Thursday, May 31, 2018

Dapper Birthday

Mornin', y'all!  We're on day #3 of the 4-day week and tomorrow is new catalog day!  Woo!

But for today I have the maiden voyage of a stamp set I got from the Occasions catalog and why didn't I use it before now?


Truly Tailored coordinates with the Tailored Tag punch; the stamp set is retiring, but the punch (that I didn't use on this card) is carrying over to the next catalog.  I finally dusted this stamp set off today because of the What Will You Stamp? challenge to use it:


I've been watching their challenge for weeks and they finally circled back to a stamp set I own :)

This card came together in under 10 minutes thanks to this sketch from Clean & Simple Stamping:


Really, the True Gentleman DSP is doing all the work here.  I only stamped the sentiment, and then inside the card I stamped the "Wishing you a dapper day" sentiment, but I left off the mustache.

It's time to feed the kid his daily dose of Cheerios, and then for the first time in almost four months WE'RE GOING TO THE GYM!  After that wild and crazy move and having the gallbladder surgery, it took me a while to feel like working out again and then I had to find a gym that was a) reasonably priced and b) provides childcare while I work out.  So yesterday Ryan and I joined the Y.  Wish us luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Truly Tailored
Ink:  Tranquil Tide
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, True Gentleman DSP
Accessories:  None

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Hey, the Y always gets good reviews.

I do like the card -- the colors and everything. Makes me think of Ty!

Have a great day and take it easy on the workout.

Natasha said...

Love this! What a great mix of papers you chose!

Kampin' Karen said...

Yes, the one time you have the stamp set and WWYS didn't comment and didn't pick a winner...did you notice that? I like your card. I think they should have picked two winners because ours were the only two there :-) I really was sad to see this paper go but what wonderful new DSP's SU has!