Friday, May 25, 2018

Just Breathe

Y'all, I think it's time to face facts:  I've had blooms on the brain this week.  I've also got two black thumbs, so all my flowers have been the ink-and-paper kind :) So here's one more CAS flower card for this week.


I am a military spouse, and I know sometimes you need someone to tell you to just breathe and you'll get through it.  Because it never fails, your spouse deploys and the dog gets lost and everybody gets the flu and your kid breaks her leg on the slide at the park (I do actually know someone whose kid broke her leg while her dad was deployed, and someone else whose kid got food poisoning on a trip to Croatia and ended up in the hospital).  So yeah.  Just breathe.

Let's start with the Color Throwdown:


I used Poppy Parade (because it's a poppy and sometimes I'm on the nose like that), Marina Mist (it looks more gray in the picture, trust me it's blue), white card base, and the sentiment is in Early Espresso.  Doesn't show up in the picture but the center of each flower has some Wink of Stella on it for shine.  When I pulled out my Poppy Parade ink pad for this card, I discovered that it has succumbed to the Dreaded Gold Sheen that afflicts some red ink pads.  This disease is terminal, so now I have to buy a new Poppy Parade ink pad when the new catalog goes live.  Seems like I used it not that long ago and it was fine...

Anyway, here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Which I turned into a one-layer card.  What is with me and the CAS cards lately?  Oh yeah, it's the challenge at the Paper Players:


...that I've played with three days in a row.  But it's fun!

Well, the hubs has off work today so I think we're driving to Wilmington for the day to hang out with the little one.  He's never seen the ocean before, so here's hoping this is fun and not just hot and miserable ;) Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Touches of Texture, Colorful Seasons
Ink:  Poppy Parade, Marina Mist, Early Espresso
Paper:  Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Wink of Stella

8 comments:

CCsMom said...

Hmmm, wonder what causes that sheen. Must be separating of the ingredients somehow. Interesting. And just reds?

VERY nice card.

Yes, I've had a mishap being away from your dad -- or I should say, Adam did. When we were in the process of moving to Texas and he was already out here, Adam fell at the babysitters and broke his wrist. Then I had to get an ignition part changed in the car and they charged me way too much, being a "single female" at the car repair place. Sigh. It happens and you deal with it and go on.

GREAT CARD, KIK!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your simple trio of red blooms Christy - and yes, you are rocking our CAS blooms challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

ElizStewart said...

Christy... so true. Just beautiful. Love your CAS card. Thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.

Jan Clothier said...

What a great way to use Touches of Texture - I never use mine often enough. Love the CASness of the design. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Great CAS design that rocks all the challenges! Thanks for joining us at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Vickie Z said...

Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Kim S said...

Lovely flowers and such a fresh card - perfect for the sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.