Monday, July 20, 2020

Sadie & Vader 2013

Mornin' y'all.  I'm dragging a bit this morning because Ryan got us up twice last night crying that there were bugs in his room.  The first time he just had a bad dream, but the second time there really was a bug on the wall (ick).  Of course Ryan is all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today :p

The hubs and I took Ryan for a walk last night with his newly repaired Power Wheels truck and we met a doggo while we were out.  I miss our furbabies so much.  I'm sad that we're not going to be able to get any other dogs until after we're done in Germany.  In the meantime, I do still have a few layouts' worth of pictures to do for our much-loved Sadie and Vader, but I did do a lot before they both died.


Pretty simple layout.  I try to keep our pictures organized chronologically on the computer, but for any given year I usually have a folder of just random pictures of the dogs, so that's what these were.  I wrote the dates for each one.  The one on top left was after we brushed Sadie and there was hair everywhere.  The hubs vacuumed recently and commented that there wasn't any dog hair in the vacuum when he finished; he said, "It used to drive me crazy how we'd have tufts of dog hair flying around all the time, but now I miss it."  Yeah, me too.  Top right is both my kiddos under my craft table where they liked to hang out.  Or right behind my chair, like Sadie in the second photo down.  They always kept me company.


Since the main color in the photos was the carpet, I chose a color combination based on that (the advantage of having black dogs:  black goes with everything.  Except navy blue.)  I ended up with Primrose Petals (a bit underused in my house, I should break it out more often), Crushed Curry, Lost Lagoon (pretty much the carpet color), Basic Black and Whisper White.

We did a lot of work this weekend to get ready for the upcoming move, and since we sold the computer desk yesterday it really looks different in here.  Plus there's boxes all over the dining room.  The movers come two weeks from today and we still have a fair amount of stuff to do, but we're working on it.  Haven't had much time to stamp though.  Gotta get to work!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Notable Alphabet, paw print from PSX
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black marker
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Lost Lagoon, Basic Black, Whisper White, Festive Birthday DSP
Accessories:  Starburst Framelits, Circles Framelits, Large Letters Framelits

No comments: