Thursday, July 2, 2020

Whoopsie

Mornin' y'all!  Do you ever have one of those days where you just stare at your stamps and have no idea what to do?  That was me yesterday.  I was feeling a little creatively blocked until I decided to do the double challenge from CAS Colours & Sketches.


I decided the updated versions of these colors (Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Balmy Blue) would be lovely with the sweet Posted For You stamp set, so I set to work.  But...my card ended up not being very CAS.


I thought the rectangular postage stamp punch would get a bit lost on the card front if I made the angled layers stretch from one side to the other, especially with the patterns I chose, so I made a smaller panel.  And then I ended up with a white layer to mat and...not so CAS.  It's like CAS-plus.  Whoopsie.  But at least I got a card made!  And if you're curious, Cinnamon Cider works with Subtles colors as well--I used the light Cinnamon Cider Blend to color the birds, with dark Petal Pink for their bellies.  Always good to get a little practice with the Blends.

Have a fantastic day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Posted For You
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Cinnamon Cider, Petal Pink, Balmy Blue, and Old Olive
Paper:  Blushing Bride, Thick Whisper White, retired Subtles DSP in Balmy Blue and Pear Pizzazz
Accessories:  Rectangular Postage Stamp punch, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

I adore that Postage bundle! Great card, birds are always a winner with me. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S

Jeanne said...

Love the postage stamp and your choice of papers. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Patricia Hays said...

The white mat really makes the focal panel "pop" against the card base. So your card ended up more "clean and layered" than "clean and simple" - no big deal! :) The sketch is still very evident in your work. Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at CC&S!