Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Mixing Blooms

Mornin' y'all!  Yesterday morning while Ryan was at the babysitter's house, I sorted through a bunch of stuff for the kitchen for our upcoming move, and in the afternoon I got a bit of time in my craft room to make a card.  Productive day!


My Petal Pink ink pad is extra super ridiculously juicy!  The flowers came out darker than I thought they would.  The leaves are Pool Party and the flower centers are Misty Moonlight, which I stamped off once to make it a bit lighter; the sentiment is full-strength Misty Moonlight.

Once again I had a fun time choosing elements from the Festive Friday challenge:


I'm a bit of an overachiever so I picked more than three:  friendship sentiment, pink, flower, sparkle (I used Shimmery White cardstock, though it doesn't show up in the picture), ribbon, and a die cut.  I don't use up ribbon very quickly, so a few years back I stopped buying it; I still have quite a bit of ribbons but they're all retired.  No one I'm liable to send cards to will know or care if the ribbon is retired, so I used it!  The sequins are retired too.

I chose my colors based on the Global Design Project color challenge:


I am more inclined to pair Misty Moonlight with Seaside Spray (see here), so it's nice to see how it pairs up with Pool Party instead.

For my next trick, this card also fits in with the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge:


I already had the flowers and the colors chosen, and when I saw this challenge I remembered that I had some self-adhesive Petal Pink sequins so I used some of those on my card too :)

We've got a busy day ahead--Ryan has a dentist appointment this morning and then we have several appointments this afternoon to get ready for our move.  Better wear my roller skates today so I can move faster!  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Blossoms in Bloom, Beautiful Friendship
Ink:  Petal Pink, Pool Party, Misty Moonlight
Paper:  Shimmery White
Accessories:  Ornate Frames dies, retired Sycamore Street ribbon, retired self-adhesive sequins, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card....love your beautiful flowers and that color is just perfect! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Cupcakes Inspirations!

Катерина Pioniya said...

What rich colors! I really liked the watercolor effect! Thank you for joining us at {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge - Pioniya, DT

Lady Joyful said...

Very pretty card! I like the colour palette, and the watercolour look. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT