Friday, July 3, 2020

Tropical Zebra

Happy Friday, y'all!  Are you ready for a good holiday weekend?  The hubs is off work today and all next week; we're going to go out of town for a few days but I'm going to schedule some blog posts here while we're gone.  Is it weird that I'm excited to get my hair cut today??  It's been over three months, I definitely need a haircut.  But anyway!  On to my card for today.


I love these zebras, yes I do.  I pulled out some retired DSP (Tropical Escape stack from I think two years ago) because I liked these patterns with my cute little zebra, and Magenta Madness seemed to make the greens pop.  The strip with the sentiment is actually Pixie Pink, a long-retired hot pink color that's a good dynamic duo with Magenta Madness.  I suppose I could have used Flirty Flamingo, but ehh.  I'm to the point where I'm just going to use the retired stuff if that's what makes me happy.

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


At first I was trying to use all three zebra stamps as the shapes on the sketch, but I just couldn't make it look right so I went with some patterned paper circles instead.  I'm happy with what I ended up with and this will be going to my honorary niece for her 11th birthday in a few weeks.

Have a great holiday and stay safe, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Zany Zebras
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pixie Pink marker
Paper:  Magenta Madness, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP Stack, Magenta Madness DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Jacquie Southas said...

Terrific, fun and festive birthday card! Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!