Saturday, July 25, 2020

It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

Mornin' y'all!  Today's baby book layout has some of my FAVORITE pictures from Ryan's first year--his Halloween costume!  He was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from the original Ghostbusters.


Ryan actually likes to watch that movie now; there are parts that I remember hiding behind the couch so I wouldn't see them (scary library ghost, I'm looking at you) but those are the parts Ryan thinks are funny and he asks to rewind and watch them again.  Love it.  Also, I believe the baby blanket he's sitting on is the one I was wrapped in coming home from the hospital when I was born--my mom had started making a pink one, but a friend told her, "You want a girl so much, this baby is going to be a boy!" so she made a blue one instead and the pink one wasn't finished before I was born.

Anyway, back to the layout.  Even in my vast DSP collection, I couldn't find a Real Red pattern I liked for this layout, so I used some non-SU paper.  Also it took me a long time to stamp that very long page title and I didn't realize until afterward that the lower-case T is supposed to be dropped a little bit.  Oops.  But I wasn't going to redo it.  There is a Ghostbusters Little Golden Book and one page has "It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!" in huge letters, which is what I was thinking of when I made this layout.


Today's color palette is Whisper White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, and Balmy Blue who was absent on school picture day.

Have a great weekend, y'all!  Maybe I'll get a smidgen of stamping time this week but I'm not holding my breath.  Moving is a lot of work. :p

Supplies:
Stamps:  Letters for You, Brushwork Alphabet
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel
Paper:  Whisper White, Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, non-SU patterned paper
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

haha! This is fantastic! And I LOVE your title!
and the story about the baby blanket!