Monday, April 29, 2024

Blowing Rock

Scrappy Monday, y'all.  I've got Ryan home from school today because he developed some type of rash on his arms and legs--he's all over bumps.  So I'll be calling the doctor's office as soon as they open to get him an appointment.  In the meantime, I still got up fairly early and did a workout, then bought some new dishes because Fiestaware came out with a new color and y'all know how I feel about having ALL THE COLORS, ha.

And speaking of colors, my favorite ever set of In Colors will officially retire at the end of the day tomorrow, so I picked today's scrapbook layouts because they showcase Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky, both of which I love, with a healthy dash of Polished Pink because I would swap Melon Mambo for Polished Pink in a heartbeat.  Take a look:


These pics are from 2020, not too long before we moved from NC to Germany.  We had driven out to Tennessee to meet up with the hubs' sister and her family in the Smoky Mountains, and on the way back to our house, we stopped in the Blowing Rock area for a couple of days.  I took Ryan's pic next to that sign in the shop for the eponymous Blowing Rock attraction and let it be my page title because I'm smart like that.  And check out all those hydrangeas in the photo on the top right!  That led to me picking Hydrangea Haven for accent images, and drove my color choices too.  I'm real pleased with the color combo on this.  Good thing I built up a stash of the retiring In Colors.


Bonus layout today : ) We had too many good pictures from this stop on our trip to only do one layout.  We visited Blowing Rock in the morning and then went out to Grandfather Mountain in the afternoon.  Saw some great views over the mountains, it was gorgeous.


Today's color palette:  Orchid Oasis (page base), Mango Melody (DSP), Polished Pink (DSP, accents), Starry Sky (photo mats), Garden Green (in the photos and for stamped leaves), and white.  That Enjoy the Journey DSP came up on the clearance rack last week, and if I hadn't already hoarded like five packs of it, I would have been all over getting more of it.  It's one of the standout paper packs from the last few years in my opinion.

Anyway, I feel like I've chattered a lot here.  Time to call the doc for Ryan and we'll see what the rest of the day holds.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hydrangea Haven, Country Bouquet
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Garden Green, Starry Sky, Polished Pink
Paper:  Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky, Polished Pink, Thick Basic White, Enjoy the Journey DSP
Accessories:  Hydrangea dies, Country Bouquet punch

No comments: