Sunday, April 28, 2024

Stellar Astronaut

Mornin' y'all!  Ryan let me spend time in my craft room yesterday ; ) so in addition to working on some scrapbook pages, I busted out a new-to-me stamp set for its maiden voyage:


Reach for the Stars caught my eye as soon as the catalog debuted last year, but I didn't buy it until it went on the retirement list.  I was intrigued by the color palette from Just Add Ink:


It seemed like a good match for this stamp set.  The Coastal Cabana doesn't show up too well in the photo, but I used it to add some shading detail on the astronaut.  I did Wink of Stella on the helmet and for once the sparkle is kinda showing up!

This outgoing set of In Colors has been my very favorite, hands down, and I've bought several packs of Starry Sky cardstock and ink refills in particular.  It's so great when you want something not quite as dark as Night of Navy.  I'm looking forward to seeing the incoming batch of In Colors; I haven't done an order yet as I was waiting for May 1.

Ryan also wanted to get in on the craft room action:



He wanted a 3D rocket, and we went around a bit about how to make it as tall as he wanted.  In the end, I cut a strip of cardstock into 1" sections, scored at 1/4" and 3/4" inch and folded them into a U-shape.  Then I glued them in between two stamped rockets, which Ryan stamped, die cut, and then watercolored.

That's it for me today, peeps.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Reach for the Stars
Ink:  Starry Sky, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Berry Burst, Thick Basic White, Stargazing DSP
Accessories:  Reach for the Stars dies, In Color Pearls, Dimensionals

2 comments:

KimB said...

I wouldn't have thought of using Berry Burst in a space context Christy but it works really well. I too will miss this set of in colours! Love that you had some creative company while you were crafting too! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this card so much! Your use of the colours from the inspiration pic is just fab! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!