Friday, April 19, 2024

Treasure Ship

I'm back with another sea-themed card today...


This was the first card I came up with for the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:


But I worried that the sketch wasn't obvious on my card.  I was thinking the waves are the bottom square, the ship is the center, and the clouds are the top shape.  But since I was hesitant about how well this one fit the sketch, I made the sea turtle card I shared yesterday.

I just looked back at my previous cards with this stamp set and both of those also have an Azure Afternoon card base and a Pecan Pie ship...guess that's just where my brain goes with this stamp set : )  And it's retiring, so you'd better snag it now if you've been on the fence.

Time to go to yoga at the Y.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  On the Ocean
Ink:  Azure Afternoon, Pecan Pie, Night of Navy, Basic White
Paper:  Azure Afternoon, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  On the Ocean dies, Dimensionals, enamel dots

3 comments:

Tanya said...

I love it! I see the sketch. It worked great. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Fab card Christy - I think it works perfectly for the sketch too; the three sails on the ship echo the sketch shape too. Love it - thanks for sharing over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Laura said...

I love that two images are stamped directly on the card base and the third is layered on top. Great take on the sketch!
Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S, hope to see you next time too.