Thursday, April 25, 2024

Subliminal Message

Mornin' y'all!  For the third night in a row, I did not get enough sleep last night.  Ryan got an owie right before bedtime last night and conned me into letting him stay in my room for the night...yeah I woke up in the middle of the night with his head pressing into my spine, and then in the wee morning hours he totally FELL OUT OF BED, then got back on it with his feet on the pillow and totally ignored me asking if he was okay.  He went right back to sleep, if he even woke up at all : p  Lucky him.  So today I may have to take a nap, or else just mainline caffeine like it's my job.

Anyway, I do have a card to share today, take a looksie:


How could you NOT smile at that little submarine?  This week, I rotated the Freshly Made Sketch 90 degrees to accommodate my sea scene:


And used the Color Throwdown palette:


I chose Lemon Lolly, Garden Green, and Coastal Cabana for my colors, with a bit of Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, and Night of Navy for neutrals.  Most of the Color Throwdown design team went with flowers, which is a natural choice with these colors, but I wanted to be different and now that I have Submarine Life any color challenge with yellow makes me think of one of the world's two most famous subs.  (I think Red October would be the other most famous sub, go hunt for it.)

Last night, Ryan and I went out to dinner with my friend Missy, her mom, her son, and my mom, which was fun because we're all big fans of Texas Roadhouse ; )  Ryan ate three and a half rolls, plus nearly all of his dinner, which surprised me.  Anyway, on the way back to our house, this happened:


My mom made me a Maleficent shirt because she is the best Disney villain (Maleficent is the best Disney villain, not my mom, just to be clear), and Ryan had to try it on first.  (He has his favorite duck stuffie stuffed in the front of the shirt, he doesn't have a giant belly from eating all of those rolls at dinner which is unfair.)  Ryan definitely looks like he's plotting something nefarious.  I took this picture while we were waiting at a red light.

That's it for me today, I need to head up to my craft room and make a Maleficent-y thank you card.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Submarine Life
Ink;  Lemon Lolly, Coastal Cabana, Garden Green, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Night of Navy
Paper:  Lemon Lolly, Thick Basic White, Garden Green DSP, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Submarine punch, Deckled Rectangles dies, Blue Adhesive Gems, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely take on the throwdown colors! Your son is quite the cutie and not at all the face of a villain - haha! Always glad when you can join us in the throwdown challenge!

Tanya said...

I love your yellow submarine! And your wit. :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I don't know what's better - the card or the shirt! Your Mom did a great job. As for Ryan - he does look full of mischief - almost like he knew you'd be up half the night lol!

Celeste Goff said...

I love your take on the sketch and the color challenge! Great card!

Linda Callahan said...

The card definitely made me smile - so cute! And the shirt is fabulous! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Kim S said...

What a charming use of the sketch! I love all of the little details like the bubbles in the water! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a fun card! This yellow submarine is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.