Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Kiwi Berry Greeting

Howdy, y'all!  I didn't get to do anything in my craft room yesterday with Ryan being out of school (he will be fine and he's not contagious, so he's back at school today sporting approximately 3,497 Band-Aids where he itches) so I just made this card a few minutes ago.  Take a look:


Last day to order Hello Kiwi if you haven't already!  I think it's so fun and I wish I had played with it more since I bought it, but that's usually how it goes.  Maybe I get too many different stamp sets?  NAAHHHH that's not it.

Anyway, check out Joanne's fun sketch for the Paper Players this week and my goodness I cannot type today, you're lucky you can't see all my typos.


I really like the mood board at Inkspirational, too:

The two pictures of rainbow-colored macarons had me thinking of food (for reals, I pulled out four stamp sets when I was deciding which one to use for the challenges and all four were food-related) and I loved all the colors together.  I knew from the jump that I wanted to use the pattern with the big dots for my background and built the card from there.

Okay, I'm going to run back upstairs and work on some more stuff because I know I will be busy most of the day tomorrow while Ryan is at school so I won't have a chance to craft.  Well really part of the day I will be crafting, I'm going to my mom's house and she's going to teach me how she finishes cross stitch pieces into Christmas ornaments.  But I won't be in my craft room.  And I have THREE scrapbook layouts on the floor in there just waiting for titles and journaling, so I wanna get that done.

Cheers, y'all!  For some reason I'm hungry now too...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello Kiwi
Ink:  Lemon Lime Twist, Berry Burst, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  Lemon Lime Twist, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Shiny Sequins, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Pia S said...

I like hos you usel the colors of the moodboard and the cirkel backgrund is à funkar element. Nicely designed. Thanks for playing with us at INKspirational.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun and fruity creation Christy - I can definitely see how the macarons inspired you! Oh and I have too many stamp sets ... said no Stampin' Up! demonstrator ever lol!! (Except I definitely do too - heehee!) Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I love that you chose a spotted background considering how Ryan feels :-). Poor thing, I hope he feels better soon. Now, I love how you used the colors and patterns to create this totally fun card. The pop of green with the kiwi really pops from the background. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Now that's a bubbly card! I really like all of the extras you used to make it special. Thank for playing along with The Paper Players.