Sunday, April 21, 2024

Friendly Flower Greeting

Mornin' y'all!  I had intended to post this card yesterday, but I was out all day and it just didn't happen.  I dropped Ryan off yesterday morning with his grandparents, and then I met up with two friends from middle and high school--we've been friends for over THIRTY YEARS!  Crazy.  Anyway, we hadn't seen each other in person in a very long time, so we ended up sitting in a restaurant talking about this, that, and everything else for nearly six hours while we watched the pouring rain outside.  Then I ran a couple of errands and didn't get back to my house until dinnertime.

Anyway, here is the card I had intended to share yesterday:


I bought the Radiating Stitches dies a while back and this is the first time I've used them, they're fun!  It gives a fun pattern on the edges without leaving itty bitty bits of cardstock on my Big Shot plates (looking at you, Everyday Details dies...tiny little circles everywhere!).  Here is the most recent Freshly Made Sketch:


And of course the Color Throwdown:


I used Real Red, Night of Navy, and a gold pattern from the Nature's Sweetness DSP.  I added a bit more gold with the embossed greeting and a few Festive Pearls.  The Night of Navy looks almost black in the photo but I promise it's blue--we had gray skies this week and a full day of rain yesterday so I couldn't get a better picture of the card.

Anyway, I think I might have enough time to make a card this morning before I pick up my spawn.  I always try to do as much crafting as I can when Ryan is otherwise occupied.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inked & Tiled
Ink:  Real Red, Night of Navy, VersaMark
Paper:  Real Red, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Nature's Sweetness DSP
Accessories:  Radiating Stitches dies, Gold EP, Festive Pearls, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Thank you for playing along with the challenge this week!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely!! Love the gold/white background!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Jen Timko said...

This is really beautiful! I love those edge details (and without the fussy bits, even better!). Gorgeous with the gold. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

_chevron2 said...

Great card- love how you use the colors & sketch!

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this Christy! Inked & Tiled was one of the first sets I bought when the AC launched, but I have hardly used it :-( This layout and colours are fab - I am going to CASE!!