Tuesday, April 23, 2024

SUO Challenges Gets Sketchy

 Mornin' y'all!  I have a bunch of things to do today, from the not-fun but necessary (paperwork, cleaning house) to the fun (finishing up the scrapbook pages I started yesterday) but first we have a new challenge from SUO Challenges!


Yep, it's a sketch, check it out:


I had to ponder this one for a while and isn't there a national flag that looks like that?  That's what it kept making me think of but then I got my brain working in a different direction and here's what I made:


I finally broke into the Nature's Sweetness DSP (I actually made this card before the one I posted on Sunday as I try to work ahead for design team commitments) and paired it with Notes of Nature, which is retiring.  Lovely & Sweet is the other bundle in this mega suite and it's not retiring, but I am more drawn to this one.  The DSP is all neutrals with Pebbled Path and gold, but I wanted to pull in a color so I went with Shaded Spruce, probably because I had used it on a couple of cards about a week ago and it was on my mind.  I ended up with a nice little card that isn't overly feminine.

Anyway, I hope you'll give this sketch a shot and post your card over on the SUO Challenges blog.  As always, have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Notes of Nature
Ink:  Pebbled Path, VersaMark
Paper:  Shaded Spruce, Thick Basic White, Nature's Sweetness DSP
Accessories:  Notes of Nature dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Gold EP, In Color Dots, Dimensionals

No comments: