Monday, June 24, 2024

Life Is Sweet

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I'm scheduling a bunch of posts for a while since we're moving--the packers are arriving today, actually; we'll get to Colorado near mid-July and I don't know when we'll be unpacked on that side.  So anyway, I have 100 draft posts from which to choose for the next little bit, and I thought I'd start with this scrapbook layout:


We had a cherry tree in our yard in Germany, and that is the whole reason why I bought the Sweetest Cherries bundle.  I had these pictures with a few other random shots from June 2021 to do a monthly layout, but I decided that these pics deserved their own layout so I could share the story of how Ryan was all excited to pick cherries to make a pie and then he refused to eat any of the pie : )

The just-retired set of In Colors were the basis of my color palette:


Parakeet Party, Sweet Sorbet, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky, and white.  There might be a smidgen on Tahitian Tide in the DSP to make the whole set.  I chose a super-fun but very busy floral pattern from the Flowers & More DSP stack (I love that one!), cut it in half for a six-inch strip across the layout, and then I kept the other elements very simple with lots of open space to balance out the busy pattern.

Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweetest Cherries
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Sweet Sorbet, Parakeet Party, Pecan Pie, Starry Sky marker
Paper:  Parakeet Party, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky, Thick Basic White, Flowers & More DSP
Accessories:  Cherry builder punch, Stylish Shapes dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is a great page- I love the way you made the bright colors work so well! And seriously, sounds like my house. hahaha! KIDS.
Good luck with the move!!