Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Zinnia Thanks

Hey y'all, what day is it again?  We are in full Summer Mode here and time has no meaning...well it will next week when Ryan has soccer camp, but for this week we're not keeping track ; )  I'm still spending as much time in my craft room as I can before we move, so here's my latest creation:


It took a little while for me to warm up to the Simply Zinnia bundle and I thought I would be able to resist buying it, but I kept seeing so many great things made with it by other stampers and I am so glad it is now a part of my hoard.  I thought it was a good match for the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


I used Lost Lagoon, Peach Pie, Bubble Bath, Petunia Pop, and Berry Burst for the colors, and I paired that with the fun sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


I put a small sentiment block in the place of the bow on the sketch as I don't have any ribbony things that match the colors on the card.  I've used Petunia Pop on a scrapbook layout, but this was the first time I have tried out Peach Pie so that was fun.  And I busted out the new Unbounded Beauty DSP too.  The just-retired set of In Colors (Starry Sky et al) are my favorite set ever, but this new set is making a good case for itself too.  I do love me some bright colors.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I'm off to work on a stack of I think nine scrapbook layouts?  My goal is to finish those up before I have to start prepping things for the move next week, and I have a few more design team cards to make too.  Time grows short but that's okay because it means that this year-long deployment is almost over!  Woo!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Simply Zinnia
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Lost Lagoon, Peach Pie, Bubble Bath, Petunia Pop, Berry Burst
Paper:  Petunia Pop, Bubble Bath, Thick Basic White, Unbounded Beauty DSP
Accessories:  Simply Zinnia dies, Countryside Corners dies, Dimensionals, In Color Shimmer Gems

6 comments:

Heather said...

Really beautiful, Christy - so glad you succumbed to the zinnias! Such fun colors - you made great choices on those, and I love your take on the sketch, too! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments AND Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Perfect choice for the challenge! And I love the spongy abstract background papers. It offsets the main image perfectly. Thanks again for being a regular Sunday Stamps participant!

dj said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with our "In the Garden" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! You rocked our color palette with those beautiful flowers!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC337

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I just love your mix of patterns and these gorgeous flowers. So pretty! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Beautiful card, Christy. The combined challenges were very well handled in your presentation. So glad you shared your creativity with us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Stampin Expressions said...

Beautiful card and I love the way that you used the DSP in the sketch. Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!