Monday, June 10, 2024

Peterhof Gardens

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  It's a bit overcast today so maybe I'll be able to take pictures of my scrapbook layouts today...I have a giant stack that I have finished but not photographed to share here yet, and I don't want to do it when it's full sun because then harsh shadows and glare on the pictures.  Which there's still a bit of glare on the ones I'm sharing today but all I can do is the best I can do...


These layouts are from our visit to Peterhof near St. Petersburg when we visited on a Baltic cruise in 2014.  Peter the Great was happy living in a simple wood cabin, but his ministers insisted he had to have a residence to impress foreign dignitaries, so Peterhof was built and surrounded with extensive gardens.  Our tour didn't take us inside any of the buildings, just through the gardens.


That watch out for pickpockets sign in the lower right just always makes me laugh for some reason.


Today's color palette:  Evening Evergreen, Pale Papaya, Gumball Green, and Dapper Denim.  I made these pages over a year ago and honestly I don't know how I landed on this color palette with these pictures.  I guess it works?

Anyway, that's it for me today.  Ryan has his taekwondo belt test this afternoon and then we're going to dinner at Texas Roadhouse after.  But in the meantime I have to start contacting utilities companies in Colorado to set things up for when we move.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, Rough Edges Alphabet, Friends Never Fade
Ink:  Gumball Green, Evening Evergreen, Pale Papaya
Paper:  Evening Evergreen, Gumball Green, Dapper Denim, Thick Basic White, Lovely in Linen DSP
Accessories:  None

No comments: