Saturday, August 24, 2024

I'm Thinking Mauve

Mornin' y'all!  We're off to a slow start this weekend, the hubs hasn't been feeling good and yesterday afternoon my energy level went subzero for unknown reasons.  I don't feel bad, just tired.  But I had made a couple of cards on Thursday so I have one to share today.


I haven't played much with the 2023-2025 In Colors much because I like the brighter colors, but I had to give two of them a whirl for the Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge:


I don't think I'll ever be overly fond of Wild Wheat, but I think I made it work here.  I paired that with the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:


That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a good weekend!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thoughtful Expressions
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss, Stampin' Blends in Moody Mauve and Wild Wheat
Paper:  Moody Mauve, Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Thoughtful Expressions dies, In Color Dots

4 comments:

Stampin Expressions said...

Lovely clean and simple card! I was a little unsure of Wild Wheat until I used it on this challenge. I am sorry to hear you and your husband aren't feeling well hopefully you have both recovered by now! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Jenny Engelke said...

I'm with you as far as using last year's in colors. I love them, but I usually find myself gravitating toward our main color families. I do happen to love this combination, however, and would have never used it myself had it not been for this challenge! I think you've taken both these challenges and made a lovely card with this combo. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Stampin by Genny said...

Beautiful one layer card! The mauve is a beautiful background to the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Laura said...

Simply beautiful! thanks for joining us at CC&S!