Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Vintage Halloween

Mornin' y'all!  Hubs took yesterday off work so we did a bunch of running around, looking at light fixtures for our living room and stuff like that.  He's off today so we plan to go look at some antique shops while Ryan is at school.  And that kinda fits in with the challenge I played in today from As You See It:

 The challenge graphic is all creams and pastels but I decided to go vintage Halloween for my card : )


To me, vintage and shabby chic mean lots of layers, lots of sponging, lace trim, and All The Bling.  So first I dug out some black crochet trim and remembered the spiderweb doilies that I've had for years at this point.  Back in 2020, when the holiday catalog came out, we were in the big fat middle of moving to Germany and so I didn't get the Halloween stuff that year because I knew I would be craft room-less for several months.  Well, this year I bought that Halloween stuff on a Facebook group : )  And this is the maiden voyage for Hallows Night Magic; I did buy the Magic In This Night DSP back in 2020.  I used a couple of patterns and then stamped my Halloween greeting on white cardstock and sponged it with Smoky Slate and Basic Gray.  The spider is embossed with shimmery black embossing powder, do you remember that stuff?  I love it.  I also added a bit of Wink of Stella to the flowers just for more bling, and added a few black rhinestones.  I had so much fun making this, I am ready to start Halloween crafting!

That's it for me today, peeps.  I can't wait to break out all the rest of my Halloween crafting supplies : )  We're already having pumpkin coffee cake for Sunday breakfast because Ryan thinks it's great year-round (I have to agree with him on that).  Have a great day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hallows Night Magic
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Versamark, Stampin' Blends in Cajun Craze and Pretty Peacock
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Magic In This Night DSP
Accessories:  Halloween Magic dies, shimmery black EP, spiderweb doily, black crochet trim, black rhinestones, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Heather said...

Christy, this is just FABULOUS! A vintage shabby-chic Halloween never even occurred to me, and now I can't think why not! Truly gorgeous Halloween-chic! So glad you saved these for our challenge after all the moving! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Fabulous both as a Halloween card and as a Shabby Chic design. I love those flowers in the webs and the lacy ribbon. Thank you for joining us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

Ooooh, Christy! This is Shabby Chic with ATTITUDE! I love it! The ancient, haunted house vibe is working here!! I hope you have a lot of fun with your Halloween supplies! I love all the details you included like the black crochet trim, the shimmery black embossing powder, the black rhinestones and the paper designs! Thanks for nailing our theme at As You See It Challenges!