Friday, August 9, 2024

Strawberries for You

Hey y'all, happy Friday!  We had some drama last night--Ryan bonked a loose tooth with his toothbrush at bedtime last night, and after a lot of tears he managed to pull the tooth himself.  And I think he totally forgot to check this morning if the Tooth Fairy came to visit or not!

Anywha, I've been having fun getting settled in my new craft room and today I played with a retired stamp set.


I had strawberries on the brain from the Color Throwdown inspo pic this week, but I decided to use the Hand Stamped Sentiments inspo pic for my colors:


I love having Basic Beige as a color, I think it fills the hole left when Sahara Sand retired and I like that it's softer than Crumb Cake.  I also used Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Lemon Lime Twist, and Granny Apple Green to mimic the colors in the inspo pic.  And I had to have another go at the Freshly Made Sketch:


That's it for me right now, peeps.  Ryan is off school today as they're doing assessments for all the elementary schoolers; his appointment is in an hour and a half so he could have totally slept in this morning, but nope, he was up at 6:30.  We're going to run some errands after his appointment and tonight we get to have dinner with some friends.  Hooray!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweet Strawberry
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Basic Beige, Thick Basic White, Bright & Beautiful DSP Stack
Accessories:  Perennial Postage dies, Strawberry builder punch, In Color Shimmer Gem, Mini Dimensionals

4 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

I can totally see the inspiration from the photo in your card! I think my favorite part of you card is the dsp. The green circles mimic the limes in the photo. I'm with you on the basic Beige! I'm so happy to have a light, neutral color! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Michelle said...

So sweet!

Kim S said...

This is totally different from your traffic light using the FMS sketch - but just as fun and creative! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Stampin Expressions said...

What a "sweet" card! I love the way you used the colors to create this adorable card, they work wonderfully! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!