Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Blueberry Salutations

Hey y'all, happy Wednesday!  The hubs is back at work today and while we did enjoy checking out antique stores yesterday on a mini-road trip, I'm looking forward to having the house to myself when Ryan goes to school so I can spend some time in my craft room today ; )  I managed to make this card on Sunday in between other activities:


Check out the Paper Players challenge:


I chose Blueberry Bunches for my stamp set just because it was easy to find on my current stamps shelf, though I could easily do this challenge with a myriad of other fruit because I have quite a few fruity stamp sets on the shelves of retirement.  I paired this challenge with the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


To make it more CAS but keep the integrity of the sketch, I made a mask and sponged a square on my card base to cut down on the number of layers.  Then I die cut a scrap of Lemon Lime Twist DSP and layered my fussy cut blueberry bunch on top, et voilà!  One cute card that I'm sure will be going out in the mail pretty soon.  I have no fewer than 8 cards on my craft table right now that I'm going to write in and mail out today : )

That's it for me today unless I crank out a few more fruity cards after Ryan goes to school.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Blueberry Bunches
Ink:  Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Stampin' Blends in Azure Afternoon, Blueberry Bushel, Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, Lemon Lime Twist DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I love blueberries and this color combo is gorgeous! Just perfect! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

baileyrosy.com said...

I love your card so beautifully cas,the colours are gorgeous and I adore the placement.

Marie

LeAnne said...

I love everything about this card! Your blueberries are delightful, the little banner is perfect and your sponged square keeps it all CAS! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players; always happy to see you in the gallery!

Laurie Unger said...

What a wonderful use of the sketch with those fun and scrumptious blueberries. Thanks for playing over at Sunday Stamps!

Jan Clothier said...

Christy, this is magnificent. Such a pleasing sense of balance! The soft sponging holds the elements together and your gorgeous colouring makes those blueberries good enough to eat! Thanks for joining in with us again at The Paper Players.

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A super CAS card, Christy! Love those Blueberries. Blueberry Pancakes with Lemon Curd, my all-time favorite Sunday breakfast. Thanks so mush for joining us this week at Paper Players. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

dj said...

Fantastic coloring and for a CAS card this one is packed with beauty!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! We hope to see you back tomorrow when we post a new challenge.
--Deb Horst, DT #SSC342