Monday, October 7, 2024

Ludwigsburg Pumpkin Festival

Scrappy Monday, y'all! And I love the pages I have to share today, take a look:


Shortly after we moved to Germany (as in, I think we were still in quarantine), I saw a video posted in my giant nerd group on Facebook about the largest pumpkin festival in the world, which is held in Germany.  So of course I had to look it up and it was I think about a 3-hour drive to Ludwigsburg, so we went.  It was a bit of a pain with all the Covid restrictions and we only did it one time (2020) but I'm glad we went.


We got to see some really cool carved pumpkins, some really really HUGE pumpkins, examples of different types of pumpkins (including one that looks pretty Goth to me), "sculptures" made out of pumpkins, and of course we sampled several pumpkin goodies.  The hubs was Not A Fan of a bratwurst that had pumpkin seeds in it (the crunch was weird, he said sausages shouldn't crunch like that) but we all liked the pumpkin waffles.  So yeah, it was a pretty fun time even if we did get rained on and the adults had to wear masks.

I pulled my favorite pattern from the Painted Autumn DSP (seriously, why did I only get one pack of this?), used Soft Sky for the page bases, and then mixed up different shades of orange for photo mats and accents.  And I totally adore my Pick of the Patch pumpkins on these pages too.


There's the color palette:  Soft Sky, Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Pecan Pie, and Very Vanilla.  Love it!

Ryan only has school for four days this week and then he has TWO WEEKS off for fall break and this is why they start at the beginning of August.  So anyway, I'm going to have to look for pumpkin patches or apple orchards or something like that for us to do during his fall break.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Alphabits, Pick of the Patch
Ink:  Peach Parfait, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze, Garden Green, Pecan Pie, Early Espresso marker
Paper:  Soft Sky, Peach Parfait, Cajun Craze, Thick Very Vanilla, Painted Autumn DSP
Accessories:  Pick of the Patch punch

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Fabulous layouts Christie - and who would have thought that such a pumpkin fest would be found in Germany of all places, my money would have been on the USA any day of the week!